Thursday, March 10, 2011

Make-up review: Bare Minerals Customizable Starter Kit



I ordered this kit from Ulta.com and decided to do a review on it for others who may be curious to try it. I was really excited when it came in and tried it as soon as I got home from work. I wore it for about two weeks and tried to love it, but the reality is that it just isn't really for me. The powder really irritated my eyes, they were itchy and watery during the time that I was wearing the make-up, even after I washed it off at night. The application looked good in the morning, but after a couple of hours my face looked blotchy and the powder only adhered to parts of my face. One thing that I did like about the product is how well it matches my complexion, I have a hard to match skin tone and the golden medium color I chose was a perfect match. I must add that I have oily skin with acne scars so I personally prefer a more full coverage foundation and have returned to my old faithful routine and I am so pleased with the way it looks, even after an 8 hour work day, I am wondering why did I insist on trying something different in the first place. I am currently in the process of trying to return the product because I feel like it is def a waste of $60. This product may be good for someone who does not want long lasting full coverage, but it is just not working out for me. I hope this helps if you were interested in this product. I will soon do a post with pics of my everyday makeup look that I love and I hope you all love it too.

No comments:

Post a Comment